There’s Water In My Basement… Now What?

Updated: Mar 26

Waking up to a basement full of water - or having a toilet leak and your ceiling on your living room floor - is everyone’s nightmare and can be traumatizing. What to do? Who to call? Fortunately, there are steps to take and people to help you along the way.

Water Damage in Basement

The first step is to make sure the source of the water damage is addressed. Call your plumber and have the source of the damage fixed first.

Next, check your insurance policy or call your insurance agent and have them take a look at it. Make sure it covers water damage and what type of damage. For example, some insurance policies require a sump pump rider which will cover the loss due to sump pump failure but will not cover the loss if there is none. Groundwater, or water that seeps in through your foundation usually is not covered. It is also important to know what your deductible is.

Once you figure out whether or not you will file a claim, the next step is to make a detailed list of everything that has been damaged. You should write everything down, leaving nothing out. Take as many photos as you can that support your damage claims. If you have any saved receipts for damaged items, even better!

Water eventually weakens and damages sheetrock

To make the process less stressful, call a restoration company like Dry Master Restorations, who is specialized in water damage repair. Dry Master has experience with all insurance companies and can help you navigate the sometimes-complex claims process, working directly with your carrier and adjuster. Also working with Dry Master will ensure your home will be dried out correctly and safely.

We are available 24/7, 365 days a year and are here to help… Anytime.

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Call us today at 732-749-1076

We are here to help…. ANYTIME.

We dispatch from our Old Bridge, NJ facility within 20 minutes and help will arrive quickly. Once onsite, your Certified Water Damage Expert will address any of your concerns, document the damages and take moisture readings. Then, using IICRC standards, they will develop a Restoration Action Plan (R.A.P.) and provide you with a free, detailed estimate.

Dry Master Restorations | 8998 NJ-18, Suite 120 | Old Bridge, NJ 08857

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

©2021 Dry Master Restorations, Inc.  All Rights Reserved